Thursday, October 14, 2010

Over scheduled at 3??

I think I must have lost my mind. Currently Avery is in school 3 mornings a week, swims 2 days a week, has a playgroup and has two classes tacked onto her school day (ballet on monday and Amazing Athletes on Weds). The ballet class & Amazing Athletes at school is just an additional 45 minutes added to the end of the day. So, at 12 she changes into her leotard or her gym clothing and at 12:45 I pick her up. While I think they are both valuable classes, they aren't anything serious.

As a lot of you know, Avery is mildly obsessed with ballet. We watch YouTube video every day (of both preschoolers and very serious high schoolers) and she has a dvd class that she "takes". I fear the little class at school is not "enough" for her since it has a lot of limitations since it's in one of the classrooms at school. There isn't much room for them to really do all that much.

Why am I telling you all this, you ask? Well, I have signed her up for a "real" ballet class on Tuesday mornings (I switched the girls swim lesson to T, TH in the afternoons). Yes, I am crazy. Really. I think she is going to LOVE this new class, particularly since her dear friend Lila is in it, but I can't help but wonder if she's too over scheduled. She loves all the things she is doing. I am not pushing her to do any of it- I am just accommodating her desires.

I have to admit that I am thrilled that she is interested in ballet though. Being muscle bound, my posture is not what it should be, and I wonder if I had taken ballet that would have helped. I feel like I never learned correct posture and then my excess muscle just pushed me over the edge so to speak. But the interest needs to come from her. And right now the interest is there.

I guess we'll see how it goes and we will reassess all her activities in a few weeks once we know how it's all going.

I will post some pictures of my little ballerina after her first class.

No comments:

Post a Comment