Saturday, October 30, 2010

I've been neglectful


I have been told that I have been neglecting my blog, and you're right, I have been. I'll be honest, I loved the idea of blogging when I set out on this adventure because I thought that it would be a wonderful outlet for me, but as I got into it I started having the dilemma of "am I over sharing?". I am honest, those who know me well, know this is true. If you want a sugar coated answer, alas I am not your girl. I owe this trait to my mother who also is not very good at hiding her true opinion. And, for the most part I am happy with this part of my personality, but I know that everyone else doesn't necessarily appreciate it. And that's ok. But, while sharing about our lives and our family I wanted to make sure that I was keeping part of our lives for us. So, rather than try to work this all out, I just haven't posted! (FYI, I still haven't figured this all out but here I am.... and I have some catching up to do)

We went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago without the girls and I must say, it was so wonderful to go do something very "adult" for a change. We went with two other couples who are also on this whole parenting journey and we really enjoyed their company. I often find myself marveling at the group of friends we have made here in our little beach community. I literally cannot imagine raising my kids without the support of these women, their children and by extension, their husbands. Of course, if we hadn't met them, we wouldn't know the difference, but I am so thankful that we have them in our lives. But, I digress. In Vegas we went to Tryst and got a table, which, while expensive, was a great way to go to a club as a 30+ stay at home mommy. It was fun to get out and dance... Most importantly, it was great to be with Greg and reconnect.

My last post was about over scheduling Avery. She has gone to two of her new ballet classes and LOVES it. And I really do mean loves it. We had two weeks of swim class at 5:30, which was not ideal, but it worked out ok, and then the girls swim instructor, Marci got us into our desired 3:50 time slot. So we have had two classes at that time and it works out very well. I attached a photo of her last ballet class (in their halloween costumes).

So, life is good here, though busy as ever! I have to share that the girls have started hugging and kissing each other on their own and have gotten into their own little routine of doing a hug and kiss before I put Paige down for her nap. It's absolutely adorable. It makes up for the times when Avery grabs something from Paige.... right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment