Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No, the fake Uggs, Mom!

Avery, Paige and I went to Nordstrom Rack last night after swim in order to kill some time before meeting Greg for dinner. I let Avery pick out a new ballerina tutu because she has been doing such a great job of getting into her car seat quickly and strapping herself in without complaint (I of course check her work and tightened it up, for all you out there who were worried about her safety). As soon as Avery had picked out what she wanted, she turned to me and said, "now we have to pick something out for my sister."

As you can imagine, I was really thrilled. I loved that she was concerned about her sister getting something too and told her so. I then let her offer a few choices to Paige, who picked a puffy pink tutu (as if we need more of those). As we continued through the store, Paige saw the kids shoes and most prominently displayed are the FUggs (fake Uggs). She started squealing immediately! She has been trying to wear Avery's Uggs (which we bought last year for going back east and she will be able to wear again this year before they go to Paige the next year) so I knew why she was so excited. I so I found a size six which is a size too big, and put them on her. She was so thrilled. I took them off and she started yelling in protest. So I held up the tutu and the boots and told her she had to pick one. Can you guess what she chose? The boots, smart girl!! We have a bunch of tutus and now she has pink FUggs too! Greg thinks perhaps he's in trouble....

She danced around the family room in her new boots when we got home. Avery got her a tutu and she happily put that on too. What funny little girls I have! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. awww. i really hope i have a girl someday. i bought Asher some flashing spiderman boots he can wear in the rain and he won't wear them. likes to play with the flashing, but has an absolute fit when i actually put them on is feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! What was the brand of fake uggs? Zoe has been obsessed with my Uggs but I don't really feel like spending $90 for ones for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I actually don't know. They were $20 and zip on the inside (which is helpful). They are pretty nice I must say.... I bought Avery's when I had a bunch of Nordstrom Notes (from my Nordies Visa) so I felt ok about doing it. I would think that Zoe would get a ton of use out of Uggs though. Just buy them a size big and she can wear them two years. I got Avery the 8 last year and they still fit (might even be a little big).

    ReplyDelete