This is my favorite time of year. Not because of the gifts (although lets be honest, that's certainly fun) but more because of the general warm feeling I get. And the decorations! I love Christmas decorations! The smell of pine in the house is nothing short of amazing and watching the girls take it all in reminds me why being a parent is so rewarding. I thought last year was fun with Avery being 2, but this year is even better. She seems to remember certain things from last year and is so enthusiastic about EVERYTHING! And Paige is into it all in her own way too, but obviously not the way Avery is. Every day Avery asks, is it Christmas today? She seems to realize that it's not for another week and bit, but it's like she's hoping she'll trick me into it.
She told our elf, Alf what she wants for Christmas since he reports back to Santa. She does not want to sit in Santas lap, although her stance on that has softened as of late and I am thinking that maybe she will give it a try. We'll see!
The other thing about this season that is wonderful, but also a bit stressful, is all that is going on. We have parties and exchanges and shopping dates and family coming in and out of town. But, I love it all! I love spending time with my family and my friends and the holidays are a special time to do so. I love watching my brothers with my girls, they are such proud uncles! And the girls LOVE their uncles (and their "aunt" Katie, great grandmothers, Aunt Nancy and Barbara as well as other extended family who come to holidays). It's a nice chance for me to have a little bit of a break from constant mothering.
And yes, I'll be honest, I am really looking forward to the girls opening their gifts, particularly Avery. She is so excited to get a big girl bike and I have gotten her a few other gifts that I just KNOW she'll love. It's going to be so much fun!!
I think that I have really realized how old I am this year. Normally I ask for clothing or jewelry or a new bag, or things like that. This year I asked for a new Roomba iRobot vacuum and then got super excited upon seeing an ad for a Dyson handheld vac. Yes, I was excited because I would be able to easy clean out my MINIVAN. My life has come to this! Where did my other life go?? Ha! I wouldn't trade my current life for anything, but I do have to laugh at the desire for two vacuum cleaners.
I hope that everyone out there is enjoying December as much as we are!
xoxo
(this ones for you Anna!)
test
ReplyDeleteha! thnx. I like reading blogs, especially when they belong to friends. happy holidays!
ReplyDeletebtw - i have the dyson handheld and i really like it, but i wish it held it's charge held a bit longer and had a charging "station" rather than a cord you plug in.
Thanks for the info- I read that in the reviews. How long can it take to vacuum a minivan? Don't answer that....
ReplyDelete