Friday, December 24, 2010

Emotions for the holidays

I don't know why, but I have found myself very emotional this season. I think that I am just enjoying the girls so much that it makes me a little teary. Last night I watched the episode of 16 and Pregnant where she gives the baby up for adoption after taking care of it for a month. I was a mess! It made me want to go up and cuddle the girls (but I didn't for fear of waking them up) because I can't imagine not having them in my life. And the idea of giving them away is unthinkable. Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing that girl. I am not a teen mom, I am married, have money and I have lots of support. She had the cards stacked against her and made a heartbreaking decision in order to give her daughter a better shot at life. But, I digress.

I can't wait for tomorrow, not only to see the girls be excited about their gifts, because of course I am on pins and needles for that, but also to see the rest of my family open theirs. I put a lot of thought into what I bought for everyone and started shopping back in November so I would make sure I got things people wanted and wasn't rushing out at the last minute just to buy something for someone. I have heard this is going to be the last Christmas where the adults exchange gifts and honestly that makes me a little sad. For me, the gifts are about showing someone you put some time and effort into finding something you think they would like. It's not about how much people spend or anything like that. But I know a lot of people don't feel the same way. And it makes me a little teary thinking about making people happy.

We just watched the Special Agent Oso where he lights all the different holiday lights and learns that Christmas is about being with the people you love, and guess what? I teared up. At Oso.... Yes, I felt very silly, but obviously the message touched me. I want the girls to love being with all our family at the holidays and I think that they are already starting that. My grandmother, aunt, dad's cousin and cousin all arrived yesterday (in 3 waves) and Avery was besides herself with anticipation. She could not wait for them to arrive!! She kept wanting to call "Great Grandma" to find out where they were on their drive. It really was adorable.

I am sure I will post tomorrow or the next day about how wonderful Christmas was for the girls, so stay tuned....

Merry Christmas to all and enjoy this special time with your family.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud! 2 posts in a week!

    are you sure you aren't preggers?

    ReplyDelete