Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Debut as a blogger

Well, I guess the time has come for me to start limiting my FB posts and come over to the world of blogging. So, hello! The purpose of this blog is to share my crazy, sweet southern CA life with you. I'm sure it'll take me some time to get into the swing of things on here. I haven't even read many blogs, so this is all very new to me!

Yesterday we had Avery's 3rd birthday bash- it was a huge success, though perhaps we invited a few too many people! Talk about a full house! But, the birthday girl had a wonderful time, which was the point, so in that respect we had all the right people in attendance. It's always amazing to me how you work so hard leading up to an event and then it's over in a blink of an eye. I slaved over the cake and cupcakes and then all of a sudden I am cutting the cake up into slices. I guess that's the point, right? Now to figure out where to put all her loot- people were very generous with their gifts, though we have only opened about 6 of them. I made the decision that we would only open a few last night, then two every day until we've gone through them. We are also going to take one toy out of the playroom each day. I think that it's time she started learning that there are children who don't have nearly as much as she does and her unused toys would be loved by someone else. Maybe that's a tough concept for a three year old, but we'll give it a try. I'll post pictures once I have the digital files.

As some of you out there know, we started a parenting course last week. I am so relieved that we made the decision to do it. I felt like I was yelling all the time with no results. I was becoming the parent I never thought I would be, nor wanted to be. Just from one night of this class I honestly can see the family I want us to become. It's certainly going to take some time and effort for all of us, but already there hasn't been any yelling in the 3 days since we started the class. Amazing, right?! I am proud of us for admitting that we needed help and taking the steps to get it! Don't get me wrong, we have great little girls, but they are testing us in all the ways that they should be and I was having a hard time figuring out how to get the behavior that I wanted and my frustration was reaching a boiling point. I can't wait to see what the next four weeks of class bring particularly since class one didn't really even get into any of the substance of the course.

I guess I should get back to my house overhaul! It's amazing what 30 kids can do to a house! Actually, I say that, but with the amount of children here yesterday, everything is in pretty good shape- only one broken toy that I have found thus far! That's success in my book.

3 comments:

  1. 30 kids! Wow! You are awesome. Looking forward to keeping up with you through your blog.

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Anna it was at least 30- all the kids Avery has grown up with, their little sisters and brothers and then a hand full of kids from school plus their siblings. Craziness! I think we can't have parties at our house anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressed with the parenting class Meg...and the venture into blogging! Happy Birthday to Avery!

    ReplyDelete