Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The "Sweet" in my life








As many of you know, I LOVE to bake. I wish I didn't, but more so, I wish I didn't like to eat what I bake! Therefore, I really try to limit my baking so that I don't wind up as big a my stove. I haven't taken any classes and really need to- I can't figure out how to make the fondant lay flat over a cake even though I have watched videos on how to do it. I guess I need someone to physically show me. I recently got a Cricut Cake and love using it to embellish my cakes or cupcakes with gumpaste cutouts. These are just a few of my latest creations. I can't wait to someday take a class so that I actually can cover a cake with fondant!


We are continuing to enjoy our parenting class. I am so proud of us for doing this now, before our children are out of control. I really do feel like this is going to give us the ability to help our girls become happy, successful members of society. It has also shown us that perhaps we need to alter our perception of success. Perhaps our children won't get A's or B's, but we will need to help them find their passion in life. And that needs to be ok. Obviously, this is a bit of a strange concept to us. I was brought up to believe that good grades equal success. Perhaps that isn't the case. Perhaps just having the expectation that our children do their best is enough. Maybe it's enough to have the expectation that they are going to go to college- but maybe not Cal or Harvard.... or even Lafayette or Cal Poly. That's a hard adjustment. But, we'll get there. I struggle all the time with how we are going to raise our daughters to be strong, self confident women. But, I guess that's another class!

I had a few other things I wanted to write about, but I think I'll leave it at that for now.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Those cakes are gorgeous, Meg! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    And so with you on the parenting thing..if our kids do their best (working hard, not necessarily grades) and do what they love and feel supported by their family..that's really the most important thing and will lead to happy, strong, confident adults!!

    ReplyDelete