Monday, April 4, 2011

The evolution of sisters

Lately the girls have actually started playing together. I'll walk into Avery's bedroom and they'll be in her bed reading a book or playing with the dollhouse. It really makes me happy to see them starting to realize they have each other to play with. Now, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times when Avery is mad because Paige is playing with something that Avery doesn't want her playing with or the play isn't going the way Avery imagined it would go. Avery had strong opinions about things and she let's it be known if she's unhappy. Paige, does as well but in a much different way. It probably doesn't help much that she's not talking yet. But that's another topic in and of itself.

I am looking forward to a few years from now when they are really good friends. Never having had a sister I am so excited for them to have one another. I realize we'll have some bumpy patches of stealing clothing, makeup, and.... boys? Man, I hope not. I just hope that we can cut down on the sibling rivalry and foster a good relationship between them. If we can do that then I feel like we will have given them a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment