Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Boy oh Boy!



So now you all know it's a boy for us! It's going to be a whole new world.... and I must admit, some of me is excited for the new experience and part of me is nervous. I mean, I have done the girl thing and know what I am doing at this point (kind of). But a boy is going to bring a whole new bucket of worms (literally too I think). Luckily, I have brothers and so I do remember that. Hopefully that will help. I have also watched all of Avery's boy friends grow over the last three years. I think it will be really good for the girls to have a boy in the house and it will be good for him to have two older sisters. He may beg to differ as he gets older, but hopefully in the long run he'll realize the benefit.

I just want all three of my kids to be raised really similarly. I want Avery and Paige to play whatever sports they want if they choose to do so and I want him to be able to play dress up and be in ballet if he wants. People keep saying, oh now Greg has someone to play ball with. That type of statement really boggles my mind. Yes, I understand that there is an inherent difference between boys and girls and that there are different relationships between fathers and daughters and fathers and sons. However, I strongly believe that Greg can "throw the ball" with either of his daughters. In fact, I think that might be more beneficial to them than to a boy. Ok, I'll step off my soap box....

His room has been painted- Avery's old room had vertical stripes in pink, yellow and green so we had the pink stripe painted over with blue. So now it's blue, yellow and green. It looks like a boys room! Amazing how a little change like that makes a big difference. Now we just need some furniture. I have had a very generous friend lend us tubs of clothing, so we are pretty much ready for him in that respect (thanks Kim!). I have my aden & anais swaddlers so now it's just a matter of waiting for him to make his debut which will hopefully not be for another 18 weeks at least.... Wow, saying that I feel like this is an elephant pregnancy...

1 comment:

  1. so sweet meg - you are going to love having a little boy for sure!
    very excited for your adorable family to have a new little bundle of boy soon!!!
    xoxo
    stacy

    ReplyDelete