Last weekend we had the large upstairs bedroom which had served as a guestroom, painted and we moved Avery in. We had decided that since both girls sleep through the night it made the most sense for them to share the jack and jill bathroom. Noise travels through that more so than through the closet that Paige's wall and Avery's former room share. So once we told Avery she was going to be a big sister again, we also told her that she got to move bedrooms! We let her pick the color (pink) and chose a green for the bathroom since Paige's room is also pink.
Avery and Paige went over to Ninja and Pops for naps and then overnight since the smell of paint was pretty overwhelming the night the rooms were painted. Greg and I worked hard to get her room ready for the big reveal. The day it was being done Avery told me she didn't want to move rooms and that she loved her room. Sorry honey, too late....
And of course, she loved it. It is a much lighter, brighter, bigger room and has a view of her school of all things! We made sure that she understood that because her room is so big she is expected to let Paige play in there with her. We'll see how well that goes. So far so good. She has taken great pride in showing the room off to her friends and their moms and I think has completely settled in. We haven't had any sleep issues with either of the girls and Paige LOVES sharing a bathroom with her idol, Avery.
We also did something to the room that was formally Avery's and is now the baby's room, but until we announce the sex I'll keep that under wraps. I'll post pictures of all of them once it's been announced.
I feel like I am much further along in this pregnancy and even though we don't have a crib or any furniture in the baby's room I feel ready. It's amazing how different it is for number 3. I don't really need much preparation and I feel like it's the longest pregnancy ever. What? The baby is due in September? Really?? And it's only the first of April? Ugh. Oh well, hopefully we'll keep having these warm days and we can be really active and the time will fly by.
No comments:
Post a Comment