As some of you may have already deduced, my c-section date has been moved up from September 2nd. Once I reached 36 weeks my OB started talking to other specialists including the anesthesiologist who participated in Paige's delivery and the perinatologist I was seeing this pregnancy. The general consensus is that if we can avoid the stress of labor then hopefully we can avoid another episode of malignant hyperthermia. That sounds great to me!! I would like to avoid my muscles cooking my body and a stay in the cardiac ICU if that can be avoided! So, on Tuesday I will have amnio to check for lung maturity and then will go directly to the hospital to be monitored (since amnio could theoretically cause me to go into labor) and the c-section will be performed once the results are back. The perinatologist has said that at 38 weeks (ok, it will really be 37w6d) it is extremely likely the lungs will be mature.
Now to keep from going into labor prior to Tuesday!! As many of you know, it is hard for me to sit around and not have a million balls in the air at one time. I feel like I have so many things to do, one of which is making sure the girls have a good experience. It has been so much fun preparing with Avery in particular since she seems to really get it and is very excited to meet her brother! Paige understands on some level, but not like Avery. Paige keeps saying baby, patting my belly and then holds out her arms because she wants to hold the baby. Avery on the other hand, talks about all the things she will eventually teach her brother, all the things he's going to do (and not do) when he's born, and keeps asking when he will finally be here. She wants to have a party for him when he's born, so Ninja is going to make a cake for him and we got party hats. The girls have a gift for him that they picked out and is ready to be brought to the hospital. They helped pick the clothes they would bring to Ninja & Pop's for their stay there while we are at the hospital- Avery made sure she had something special to wear when she meets her brother for the first time. I don't think Paige really understood what she was packing for, but she enjoyed putting clothes in a bag. Once the date was moved up I made the girls a little calendar that is on the wall and shows how many days until their brother arrives.
I think we're as ready as we are going to be for this next adventure! I am interested to see how the girls adapt to this new thing that is going to be happening to them. I know that in the long run, we are giving them a wonderful gift, but at times I do worry about the attention we are taking away from them, and the upheaval it is all going to cause. I guess that's natural and I wouldn't be a mother if I didn't have concerns and fears, right?
Bring on baby boy!! Oh and Tuesday is my Grandmother Mabel's birthday!! I won't say how old she will be on the day her great grandson arrives, but I will say that she is still very young at heart and is eagerly awaiting his arrival.
No comments:
Post a Comment