Friday, January 13, 2012

Life Really is Sweet

I Made Them!
Do you ever have moments when life seems to stand still and you realize just how lucky you are? I have been having those moments a lot lately. I don't know if it's the realization that my last baby is growing so quickly or upcoming changes or what, but I have been finding myself cuddling Colin a little longer when rocking him in the middle of the night. I have been savoring the girls in all their wild, crazy glory. The other day I looked at the three of them cuddling on the couch and realized, I am their mother. I MADE them (with some help....)! Even though I have three kids, I still sometimes forget that I am someone's mother. That seems like a strange realization for someone who walks around wearing milk & spit up stained clothing and doesn't ever have the chance to use the bathroom on my own. I suppose at some point that feeling of wonder will go away, but right now I am enjoying being in it.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment