Paige turned 3 today. 3!! How did that happen? And one month from today Colin will be 1. I am starting to feel like life is on fast forward. Soon Colin will be walking and Avery will be in Kindergarten. These things are going to happen very soon. Too soon. And our schedules are filling up with alarming speed. In the fall I will be driving 20 minutes to get Avery to school and then 20 minutes back again.
Recently the realization struck me that my carefree days are over. Yes, I know, it took me a little longer than most to come to this conclusion. What's that? I have 3 kids 4 and under? Yes, yes, I know, but I guess the weight of all that responsibly took awhile to catch up with me. But I am there now- in the land of whiney kids and dirty laundry. I am firmly entrenched and may not climb out for a few years.
But, I digress. Back to my big 3 year old. The last few weeks have been a little bittersweet for me because I am thrilled for her to be turning 3, but I am also a bit sad. She's become such a big girl and her speech is improving every day. She started her ballet/tap class and loves it. But gone is that pudgy toddler. I have been asking her if she will stay 2 for me and she agreed with the naivety of a small child she has been saying "sure". As we have come closer to this birthday she has become more opinionated and more vocal about those opinions. This is certainly a good thing, but I have not bee thrilled with the tantrum that have come with this self discovery.
We celebrated yesterday with my family and all three kids helped me make home made "funfetti" cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting. There is something special about the ritual of making a cake for someone's birthday and I try to do it as often as I can. We even let Colin try a sliver to get him ready for his big moment a month from now. Of course he loved it, as only a 3rd child can. He's had more than his sisters ever had at this age. More food in general, but more sweets specifically.
Today we dropped Paige at school and we all came home to make "funfetti" cupcakes with vanilla frosting (again home made) to bring back to school for her school party. We went back and she got to share the cupcakes with all her school friends. It was fun for all.
This was a jumbled mess, but I'll work on it. I think the blog will evolve to being more photo-rich....that is if I can continue to keep it up. :-)
Meg
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment